Saturday, October 29, 2016

On the Record: Riker at Seven

Several years ago I started a tradition of interviewing the kids on their birthdays. By asking the children the same questions every year, we'll be able to see how their personalities and interests change (or stay the same).

Riker has just turned seven and this is his fifth birthday interview.



What are you going to be when you grow up?
A train engineer.

What’s that going to be like?
Well, I suppose it's gonna be like steering a train and having passengers and controlling all the gadgets.

What are your favorite toys?
My new toys. Battleship, the Millennium Falcon and the science kit and the thing that daddy got me, the robot kit.

What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is tacos because I love their juice.

Who are your best friends?
Marco, Gabby, Ellie, Christian, Chris, Audrey and Tate.

What makes you happy?
Mama makes me happy when I hug her and she hugs me.

What makes you sad?
I don't know. Um, last night when I had bad dreams.

When you dream at night, what do you dream about?
Well, not the bad dream but I usually dream about going to school and trying to make more friends, and well a lot of other stuff.

What do you like to do with Daddy?
I like to build my kit with him.

What do you like to do with Mama?
Do the birthday interview. Hug you.

What’s your favorite color?
My favorite color is red and green.

What’s your favorite book?
My favorite book is The Chocolate Touch.

What does Daddy do during the day?
Usually he uses his computer. He goes to work also, I suppose.

What does Mama do during the day?
She goes to work and makes us breakfast, makes us lunch, makes us dinner, almost every day.

What do you do during the day?
Well, I go to school and have a nice day.

What do you want to learn or do before you turn eight?
Well, making the clay heart is my goal. It's coming up this year!


***

You can read Riker's interviews from previous years here:
On the Record: Riker at Six
On the Record: Riker at Five
On the Record: Riker at Four
On the Record: Riker at Three

I've shamelessly pilfered the interview idea and the questions from my friend Lauren over at Sparkling Adventures, You can read the birthday interviews of her four darling daughters here.


No comments:

Post a Comment