Monday, September 26, 2016

On the Record: Ari at Five

Several years ago I started a tradition of interviewing the kids on their birthdays. By asking the children the same questions every year, we'll be able to see how their personalities and interests change (or stay the same).

Ari has just turned five and this is his third birthday interview.




What are you going to be when you grow up?
Garbage truck driver.

What’s that going to be like?
Driving a garbage truck (turns pretend steering wheel with his hands).

What are your favorite toys?
Light sabers.

What is your favorite food?
(Whispers) Can it be treats? Candy and quesadillas.

Who are your best friends?
Gavin and Edward. My class.

What makes you happy?
Getting new toys.

What makes you sad?
When people be rude.

When you dream at night, what do you dream about?
Light sabers.

What do you like to do with Daddy?
Play with him. Fox and chicken. Remember that one game where you run around with a fox trying to get you? Can we play that later today?

What do you like to do with Mama?
Play with her. Fox and chicken!

What’s your favorite color?
Blue.

What’s your favorite book?
Star Wars. The Bucket Book. And Spiderman.

What does Daddy do during the day?
Work on my cake.

What does Mama do during the day?
Do things. Working at an office.

What do you do during the day?
Play. Sometimes outside, sometimes inside, sometimes in my bedroom, sometimes in mama's room, sometimes in Riker's. Sometimes I watch screens. I go to different houses too, that I know. I do go hunting for things that I might like.

What do you want to learn or do before you turn six?
Make things. Everything. And when I'm six, I'm doing the same.

***

You can read Ari's interviews from previous years here:

On the Record: Ari at Four

On the Record: Ari at Three

I've shamelessly pilfered the interview idea and the questions from my friend Lauren over at Sparkling Adventures. You can read the birthday interviews of her four darling daughters here.


No comments:

Post a Comment