Thursday, October 29, 2015

On the Record: Riker at Six

Several years ago I started a tradition of interviewing the kids on their birthdays. Riker has just turned six and this is his fourth birthday interview.

By asking the children the same questions every year, we'll be able to see how their personalities and interests change (or stay the same).



What are you going to be when you grow up?
I don't really know. Something about trains maybe.

What’s that going to be like?
Good.

What are your favorite toys?
Wall-e (robot) and the new pencil I got that has a pencil under the eraser. Legos, too.

What is your favorite food?
Watermelon and pizza. I can't say popsicles because they are not food.

Who are your best friends?
Gavin and Edward. Those are my cousins. My friends are Marko and Christian and Gabby. Mario too. Charlie and Carly and Lexi too.

What makes you happy?
When you love me.

What makes you sad?
When Ari pulls me on my shirt.

When you dream at night, what do you dream about?
3DS and Wall-e.

What do you like to do with Daddy?
Go and ride my bike.

What do you like to do with Mama?
That's a hard one cuz I like to do a lot of things with  you. Go to the bus stop.

What’s your favorite color?
Red and green.

What’s your favorite book?
The Mouse and the Motorcycle.

What does Daddy do during the day?
Work on a project.

What does Mama do during the day?
I don't know. Usually you go in the car a lot.

What do you do during the day?
Play at school and read at school and learn.

What do you want to learn or do before you turn seven?
I want to do a lot of crafts. I want to learn how to spell and read.

(At this point in the interview, Riker decided he wasn't finished answering questions even though I'd finished the series. He and I came up with the following list of additional questions for him to answer.)

What do you do at school?
Learn.

Where would you like to go in the world?
Camping

What do you make at school?
A lot of crafts.

How would your friends describe you?
Nice.

What is your favorite thing about your new room?
That I have a new rainbow painting.

Do you breathe in and out?
No. (Laughs.) Tricked you, yes.

What is something about you that makes you special?
Riker is so important.

***

You can read Riker's interviews from previous years here:
On the Record: Riker at Five
On the Record: Riker at Four
On the Record: Riker at Three

I've shamelessly pilfered the interview idea and the questions from my friend Lauren over at Sparkling Adventures, You can read the birthday interviews of her four darling daughters here.


No comments:

Post a Comment