Monday, September 28, 2015

On the Record: Ari at Four

Several years ago I started a tradition of interviewing the kids on their birthdays. Ari has just turned four and this is his second birthday interview.

By asking the children the same questions every year, we'll be able to see how their personalities and interests change (or stay the same).



What are you going to be when you grow up?
Mmm, nothing. (Pause). Garbage truck man, because I like garbage trucks.

What’s that going to be like?
Fun. I'll clean up garbage.

What are your favorite toys?
I want a stuffed animal. Woody. All of my toys.

What is your favorite food?
Quesadillas.

Who are your best friends?
Edward. What were the names of the kids where I fell down by where Grandpa exercises? (Gemma and Hannah, I respond). Yes, and Gavin. But not Riker. And Domenic at my school.

What makes you happy?
I don't really know. My special stuff, big pillow, blue blanket, chicken, bear. Everything that is mine makes me happy.

What makes you sad?
Nothing. Nothing of mine. When I was a baby I didn't have kid's toys, I had baby toys.

When you dream at night, what do you dream about?
Minecraft and my glasses. When I dream about Minecraft my glasses are in Minecraft.

What do you like to do with Daddy?
Play with him.

What do you like to do with Mama?
Push me on the swing.

What’s your favorite color?
Blue and yellow.

What’s your favorite book?
A new one.

What does Daddy do during the day?
You do your computer.

What does Mama do during the day?
Stay at home. At night you're always at a meeting.

What do you do during the day?
Go to sleep (laughs).

What do you want to learn or do before you turn five?
How to do a computer. I don't really know how to do a computer.


***

You can read his interview from last year here.

I've shamelessly pilfered the interview idea and the questions from my friend Lauren over at Sparkling Adventures, You can read the birthday interviews of her four darling daughters here.


No comments:

Post a Comment