Thursday, October 30, 2014

On the Record: Riker at Five

Two years ago I started a tradition of interviewing Riker on his birthday. By asking the children the same questions every year, we'll be able to see how their personalities and interests change (or stay the same).

Riker has just turned five and this is his third birthday interview!


What are you going to be when you grow up?
A garbage truck. I mean something else, a train.

What’s that going to be like?
Carrying passengers.

What are your favorite toys?
Turn and Fix.

What is your favorite food?
Chips and salsa.

Who are your best friends?
Owen. That's Owen cuz he's at my school.

What makes you happy?
School.

What makes you sad?
Um, at school sometimes when it's lunch.

When you dream at night, what do you dream about?
Octonauts.

What do you like to do with Daddy?
Scratch his back.

What do you like to do with Mama?
Play trains.

What’s your favorite color?
That's easy. Rainbow! (laughs) I can't choose cuz I like green, red, pink, purple, blue, yellow. So I can't even pick so I have to say rainbow.

What’s your favorite book?
The Cat on the Mat is Flat

What does Daddy do during the day?
Takes us to a park.

What does Mama do during the day?
Washes the clothes. I think you like washing the clothes to get them clean. Especially your favorite ones.

What do you do during the day?
I'm gonna choose at school - write. I write a lot. Wuh, errr. Sometimes W R makes 'ruh.' (referring to the word 'write').

What do you want to learn or do before you turn six?
Still play trains when I'm six.


Past interviews:
Riker at THREE
Riker at FOUR


I've shamelessly pilfered this interview idea and the questions from my friend Lauren over at Sparkling Adventures, You can read the birthday interviews of her four darling daughters here.


No comments:

Post a Comment