Saturday, September 27, 2014

On the Record: Ari at Three

Two years ago I started a tradition of interviewing Riker on his birthday. Ari has just turned three and this is his first birthday interview!

By asking the children the same questions every year, we'll be able to see how their personalities and interests change (or stay the same).



What are you going to be when you grow up?
Want to be a digger.

What’s that going to be like?
Hm, dig up the road.

What are your favorite toys?
Chocolate cake (laughs).

What is your favorite food?
Chocolate cake.

Who are your best friends?
Riker.

What makes you happy?
Nothing (laughs).

What makes you sad?
No Mummy or Daddy or Riker or Grammy or Grandpa. And it makes me sad when all of you are gone.

When you dream at night, what do you dream about?
(Laughs) Chocolate cake.

What do you like to do with Daddy?
Go to the playground.

What do you like to do with Mama?
Watch the big TV.

What’s your favorite color?
Blue.

What’s your favorite book?
Nibbles.

What does Daddy do during the day?
Have a chocolate cake. Watch the big TV.

What does Mama do during the day?
Have a chocolate cake.

What do you do during the day?
Watch the garbage truck.

What do you want to learn or do before you turn four?
Mummy, when I turn three I can ride my new bike. Well, not all the way to Gavin and Edwards. When I one hundred I will. One hundred is about this big (shows all fingers).

-----

Riker was fixated on trains in both of his birthday interviews to date and in this particular moment in time for Ari, it's obviously chocolate cake. One of his favorite things to do with his new play kitchen it to mix up the pretend ingredients for a chocolate cake so plenty of talk about that in this interview!



I've shamelessly pilfered the interview idea and the questions from my friend Lauren over at Sparkling Adventures, You can read the birthday interviews of her four darling daughters here.



2 comments:

  1. Happy (now belated!) birthday Ari! What gorgeous answers too. I think we will have to copy your tradition. Riker's birthday must be coming up soon? Charlie's been talking of sending him a birthday card so I hope we can get it there in time! Hope you are all well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! Since I stole the idea from a friend, it only seems fair that it be stolen from me again! Yes Riker will turn five in two weeks and he'd love to hear from Charlie. Take care!

      Delete