Monday, March 31, 2014

A Belated Toast to 2014

I'm pretty sure that 2014 has been trying to get back at me for not staying up to celebrate its arrival. Big decisions, little decisions, work changes for Brian, work overload for me, moving house, illness, arguments and various other dramas have conspired to leave us feeling drained and strained, to say the least.

It's been nearly two months since I've shared a blog post and I can't remember the last time I've gone that long without at least posting a photo of the kids. Photographing moments that might otherwise make me raise my voice sometimes helps, but I've hardly used the camera in the last few months which is always a bad sign. Here's one of those moments...

The kids idea of settling in.

On a positive note, we're in our new place now and it's really nice. The location is terrific and a great addition to our collection of inner north suburbs - O'Connor, Lyneham, Downer and now Turner. It's a shorter ride to work for both of us, Riker can ride or walk to his new school and it's easy for the nanny to collect him on the days she's here with Ari. And, she lives just across the street now so that's handy too!

All in all it's been a very rough couple of months. And this weekend, the rain forced me to cancel the 7th annual ANU Earth Hour event which we've been planning for ages and was going to be amazing. So whaddya say 2014? If I offer up a belated toast, can I get a redo? Or at the very least, a truce? Here's to sunnier months ahead...


2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I am a mom to two in Turner and have been here for 3 plus years. We are from Canada and I just stumbled across your blog this morning looking up Blue Gum school. Are you moving back home? It is very challenging being without family. With two kids it pushes you to your limits to have no support from family! I'd love to meet p with you. We're just off Haig Park.
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krista, thanks for your comment. I've just come back from a four week holiday around Australia so I haven't had a chance to reply until now. I would love to meet you but yes we are headed back to the US and we leave on the 17th. It's been very hard to be so far from family but also very hard to tear ourselves away from here. I hope it's a good decision but we need to do it to find out if it's right. Oh and I live in Turner too! We've probably seen each other at the park :) How old are your kids? All the best! Jenn

      Delete