Friday, April 19, 2013

Celebrating Sustainability

March and April are the busiest months of the year for me at work as students have just returned to uni and ANUgreen hosts two major sustainability related events within one month of each other. So while this post is belated, I thought I should mention why things have been quiet in my corner of the blogosphere for a while.

Here's my most awesome team of friends and colleagues at the sixth annual Celebrate Sustainability Day event in Union Court on February 21st.

Seriously, I work with the best group of people. Love my job. And love that we have so many big campus sustainability achievements to celebrate.

More Celebrate Sustainability Day photos are available here. Many thanks to Ella Kurz for her photography skills on the day.

Then, on Saturday evening 23 March, ANU held an evening festival to coincide with the international Earth Hour event. This was the sixth year that I've been coordinating this event and it's always so much fun!  Here are just a few of my favorite photos from the night.

Rollerdoor featuring Uncle Jandemarra - traditional Aboriginal performance and storytelling

Music, food and community under the stars. ANU joins with over 7 million Australians to demonstrate the power of individual action to combat climate change.

I work with so many impressive students and I have no doubt they will make the world a better place. (I'm sitting in the front but if you look closely you'll even see Riker in this photo with my friend Janette)

More Earth Hour photos are available here. All photos courtesy of Stuart Hay - ANU Photography.

This year I was so pleased to have the lovely Sunny working with me to coordinate the two events. Not only did she make my life so much easier, she gracefully pulled off two incredible events in a ridiculously short amount of time. I've tried to bribe her to stay around the ANUgreen office but she insists on taking up a job in Indonesia where I have no doubt she'll have the time of her life, learn heaps and spread her joyful fabulousness wherever she goes. Cheers Sunny and all the best in your next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment