Thursday, February 28, 2013

Garden Magic

After an abundant zucchini season (okay when aren't zucchinis abundant) we've eaten this vegetable in a multitude of ways - roasted, pan fried, on the BBQ, steamed and pureed, and in a selection of  breads, cakes and muffins.  I've shredded it in quesadillas, eaten it raw in salads and put slices of it in sandwiches. I think I overdid the zucchini slice last season so I haven't made a single one of those and I haven't yet become so desperate as to again attempt to make "apple" crumble with zucchini as I did a while back.

After so much zucchini, I just may have neglected to check on them for a few too many days.


Riker and Ari survey the harvest and offer some perspective on the size of our haul.


I just couldn't be bothered to come up with anything to do with so many giant zucchinis and so I decided to weave a bit of garden magic and turn them into eggs!


As it so happens, chickens adore the tender flesh of zucchini and it gave me much pleasure to watch them devouring it. Come to think it though, zucchini chocolate cake also gives me much pleasure so the next harvest may have already found its purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment