Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

As the end of another year draws to a close, I like to take time to reflect on the year that's passed and to envision the one that lies ahead.  As the kids are asleep in their beds and what's left of 2012 can be counted in minutes, I'm going to take the opportunity to do just that while the moment presents itself.

2012 was the first full year where we've been a family of four and this realization leads me to reflect on all the things I am grateful for.  I am honored to have such a beautiful and lively little family, a wonderful husband, a supportive and loving extended family and some of the most incredible friends I could imagine.  I am grateful for all the things Brian and I have worked so hard to accomplish which allow us to live our lives in a manner we choose.  I'm grateful to have had extended time off to spend with my children in the early months and years of their lives and I'm so thankful that Brian was able to take fourteen months off to be at home for the first year of Ari's life.  We have had an absolutely incredible year full of quality family time and we were fortunate to be able to spend nearly seven months in the US visiting the people most important to us.  Finally, I'm grateful that Brian has landed another contract in his field which will allow him to maintain his skills and that I am able to return part time to a job that I love.  With some very difficult decisions behind us (for the time being anyway), we are now able to relax knowing where we will be for the next year.

I don't often make resolutions to accompany the new year but starting next month I plan to carve out some time to think critically about where I'm at and where I'm going and how I can get there while taking good care of myself and my family in the process.  So many possibilities.

Here's to a great 2012 and to a 2013 that I hope will be even better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment