Wednesday, October 31, 2012

THREE!

After our big day out on Sunday for Jago and Imogen's parties, we had some friends over for morning tea on Monday to commemorate Riker's third journey around the sun.

 Riker's train cake with tracks made from Kit Kat bars and fruit leather strips and trains from his new train set.

 Riker enjoys his moment in the limelight.

I find it nearly impossible to believe that it has been three years since the long night that led to Riker's birth in the wee hours of the morning.  Many of the details are fuzzy now but some are sharply engrained in my memory.  The feel of the warm water surrounding my belly in the bath.  Looking deeply into Heather's eyes, searching for strength and encouragement. Brian's hands unceasingly massaging my lower back. Touching the baby on my chest for the first time and gasping at the softest skin I'd ever felt.

Three years later I feel as if I have been completely reinvented as a person.  I have been pushed, pulled, stretched, delighted and captivated by a small yet powerful being who turned my world upside down in the best possible way.  Three years later, I'm more in love than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment