Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy Anniversary

I always enjoy spending time in Minnesota but this visit was particularly special because we were able to spend our tenth anniversary at the very location where we said our vows all those years ago.

Setting off for the barn party with a bottle of ten year old wedding mead

Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting by the same lady who made our fabulous wedding cake

Powderfinger plays a set of Neil Young classics including Heart of Gold, Cinnamon Girl and Unknown Legend. The band includes Jimmy and Mark who were part of the Surahoolies, a favorite band from my college years.

Kristi joins the band onstage to play Harvest Moon for us

We close our eyes and listen to the band perform an awesome version of our song and memories come flooding back for both of us

Kristi was my right hand woman at our wedding and is still such an amazing friend (and party host!)

Another highlight of the evening was catching up with college friends, some of whom I hadn't seen in ages!

James, Krista, Tim and I

Big thanks to Kristi and Tim for organizing another terrific barn party that just happened to coincide with such a special event for us.  I can't imagine spending the evening anywhere else!  I can however, imagine spending our next big anniversary on a beach somewhere with the kids happily in grandma's care....


No comments:

Post a Comment