Thursday, August 16, 2012

Awesome Boy

Toddlerville can be a challenging place.  Two year olds are full of energy, appear fearless, have limited reasoning skills and don't listen all that well at times.  Fortunately, they are also incredibly positive, seek out happiness at all times and spread it to others with their infectious laughter and adorable banter.  They remind us of what's important if we slow down, pay attention and try to see the world from their perspective.  

A while back when Riker and I were having a cuddle on the couch, I told him what an awesome boy he is and listed some of the things I love about him. Then, the other day I was feeling very grumpy as he wouldn't get dressed, had pushed his brother over and was throwing clean laundry all over the floor.  Finally I said, "Riker, I'm just so grumpy at you right now!"  And he came up close to me, stroked my cheek, cocked his head and said, "awesome boy mama" in the sweetest voice I've ever heard.  This of course made me smile (which made him smile) and reminded me that there is much to smile about.


1 comment:

  1. He really is an awesome Boy! And you, my dear, are an awesome Mama! :)

    ReplyDelete