Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's All a Blur

I  can hardly believe that Ari was one month old on Wednesday and that Riker turns two tomorrow!  Parenthood has somehow accelerated the overall passage of time yet strangely, some groggy days can seem to drag on for eternity.  I've been frequently reminding myself of a mantra I heard recently that sums it all up pretty well:

The days are long, but the years are short. 

That always reminds me that in no time at all I'll be looking back longingly at these sleep deprived days with a newborn.  The photo below captures well the blur that is life at the moment  Messy house. Me on a comfy chair with my trusty nursing pillow.  Baby in arms.  Toddler trying to get in on the action.  Cuddles.  Sleepy haze.  Moments that make it all worthwhile.

2 comments:

  1. Yep yep! and do I detect a dimple in that lil Ari? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that is indeed a dimple!

    ReplyDelete