Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Birth Story of Ari Jaden McMillin

I've just finished writing the complete birth story and while I've decided not to make it publicly available for the world to see, I'm more than happy to share it with any readers who'd like to read beyond the quick version from my original announcement.  Just leave a comment here or on facebook or send me an email and I'll forward on the pdf.

I didn't manage to get a photo of the entire birth team together on the night, but have since got photos with both our midwife and doula. Can't rave about them enough!

Our midwife Helen

Our doula Janette

I might also mention that I put lots of time and research into writing a birth plan when I was pregnant with Riker and I only made a few minor modifications this time around.  I'm happy to share it as well if any of you would find it useful at some point.  Some people think birth plans are useless as of course things often don't go to plan, but I think it's extremely useful to have considered all possible outcomes and to let one's carers know your expectations and desires in relation to pain management, interventions, breastfeeding, etc. 

3 comments:

  1. I would love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Mike and I are now trying for our first. By the way, you look absolutely beautiful. Congratulations. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I need a current email address for you.

    Krista, oh that's so exciting - best of luck!

    ReplyDelete