Saturday, July 02, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Salmon

We just ate the best meal I've prepared in some time.  Probably the best fish dish I've ever made in fact.  Since it was just so pretty and I happen to have this nifty 'cuisine' scene selector on my camera, I thought a photo was in order.


I skinned the salmon and salted it well, then put a handful of fresh breadcrumbs, a smaller handful of parmesan cheese, a few sprigs of parsley, some pinenuts, fresh lemon juice, a splash of olive oil and some pepper into my super blender (courtesy of Grandma Betty) and whizzed it all up. Then I coated all four sides of the salmon fillets with the breading and popped it into the oven on a baking sheet for twenty minutes at 200C.  Meanwhile, I made roasted potatoes and red (capsicum) peppers with steamed broccoli. Yum.

Oh, and we learned that Riker will readily eat broccoli if the eating is accompanied by looking at a Baby Einstein picture book that has broccoli featured in amongst all the other foods. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment