Sunday, June 05, 2011

Baby #2 Ultrasound at 21 Weeks

We've recently had our first (and probably only) ultrasound peek at this bubby and I thought you might like to see the images. Here are the favorites:


This is an image of the blood flow in the heart.  I just liked that it was shaped like a heart :)





The other favorites, of course, are those showing the complete four chambered heart, skull and various important organs but those are somewhat less interesting to look at than the ones above.

And now for the plot spoiler warning. I will reveal the gender below for those of you who wish to know. If you'd like to be surprised, stop reading now!

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

It's another boy! I'd post the ultrasound image that led the technician to say "if that's not a boy, you come back and tell me!" but I have a policy of not putting photos of my children's genitals online and these were pretty revealing :)

We're not terribly surprised that it's a boy. Brian, his brother and his male McMillin cousins only seem to produce male offspring. This baby makes the tally nine for nine. I kept saying that if anyone was going to break that mold, it would be Brian! Ah well, now we'll have to decide if it's important enough to us to try again for a girl! We're delighted either way and are very pleased that Riker will have a little brother.

Which of course leads us back to the name game again. If it had been a girl, she would have had a name for nearly six years now! As you might remember, poor Riker didn't have a name for nearly three weeks and it's not looking much better this time around. Suggestions welcome! You can find our criteria from last time HERE.

2 comments:

  1. oh my WORD!!! Congratulations! That's what happens when I leave off lurking around blogland for a few weeks. What wonderful news. :)
    I can see he totally has my nose too ;P
    And apparently Willow is still the best name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Hope you had fun in your travels. I like Willow but Brian thinks it's too "girly." Any maybe a few too many Ls when paired with McMillin....

    ReplyDelete