Monday, May 31, 2010

Wrapped in Love

Riker has received so many beautiful blankets as gifts! Over the last several weeks, all of our photo sessions have been devoted to capturing a photo of him with each of them. I was just about to say that I'm sure he will treasure each of them forever, but I think the reality of the situation is more that I'LL treasure each of them forever and will try to prevent him from dragging them through puddles :)

This quilt was handmade from vintage fabrics by my friend and colleague, Dierdre Pearce:



This one was hand knit by Grammy Jan's friend, Carol Ramey:



The softest blanket ever is from Grandma Betty's friends, Judy and Dave Gabrielson:



This waterproof naked-time blanket was made by Grammy Jan:


This technicolor beauty was crocheted by Riker's Great Aunt Nancy:



This one is from my second cousin Angela and her family:



And finally, this matching knit set is from Joan and Ross (Joan married us and she is Riker's first cousin twice removed):



Thanks so much to all of you! PS. I promise to keep these blankets away from not only puddles, but from finger paints, peanut butter and jelly, mud pies and other messy boy exploits!

No comments:

Post a Comment