Thursday, October 29, 2009

Baby!

Introducing baby McMillin! Our healthy and happy baby bundle arrived at 6:04 am on the 29th of October. That was 2:04 pm on Wednesday the 28th, Minnesota time. He weighed in at 8 lbs 10 oz and is 20.5 inches long. Birth was somewhat more difficult than imagined as bub was posterior and face up and therefore stuck in the birth canal - forceps assisted in the end so you'll notice the cone head in the front and some serious bruising. Going down already.

Here are some highlights...more to come after I get home and have my camera cable and both of my hands available :)


My incredible birth team: midwife Natasha, Brian and his sister Heather.




Very alert and content!


Name negotiations in progress :) Thanks for all your good wishes!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word!!! He's here! I just had to check, since I figured SOMETHING must have happened by now. ;)

    Wow! What a big boy! You both must be so proud. Congrats!!!

    I'll let Niava know that she has a new friend to play with when the McMillins make that journey back to the States.

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Welcome to the world, little one! :D Happy Birth Day.

    ReplyDelete