Sunday, August 09, 2009

28 weeks

Today is the beginning of week 28 and that knowledge provokes a slight shudder because many more weeks are now behind me than in front of me! Only 12 to go! I say 'only' realizing that the last few weeks will probably seem like an eternity. This week also marks the beginning of the third trimester, though depending on who you ask and which website you're looking at, is said to begin anywhere from week 26 to 29. 'What to Expect' tells me that my little work in progress is now about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long. His CV includes skills such as blinking, coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths and his sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase — wonder what he's dreaming about.


I'm still quite comfortable, am sleeping well enough and have a reasonable amount of energy so we'll see how long all of that lasts! Oh, there's a little kick - guess he wants to say hello! Much of the kicking seems to be in my right side, little feet up the top and fists down the bottom which is good because that means he's positioned well with his head down and back on my left. I can even see my belly move sometimes which proves to be incredibly distracting whether I'm sitting in a meeting or trying to focus on something Brian is saying. Who, by the way, if I haven't mentioned, is so incredibly wonderful - cooking and cleaning and making sure I'm comfortable and most importantly, well fed :)

1 comment: