Monday, June 29, 2009

Spinning Wheel

I forgot to mention on last week's Weekend with Wheels post that we also acquired a spinning wheel for Brian on the weekend shopping spree. The Canberra Spinners and Weavers Club has used wheels from time to time and we picked up this beautiful machine for a great price after a lovely club member showed us the various wheels and helped us to pick the one in the best condition. Isn't it gorgeous?


You might remember that he was learning to spin on a drop spindle after we purchased six kilos of raw wool last year. Brian is having a great time getting back into the wool carding and spinning (he's teaching himself how to use the wheel) and I've since been motivated to pick up my knitting again. Still trying to finish the green sweater that will probably not fit me if and when I do finish it this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment