Monday, June 08, 2009

19 Weeks

Well, here we are in the second trimester already...I can hardly believe I'm nearly halfway there! I continue to feel quite good and even better when I read about all of the pregnancy symptoms I haven't experienced like nausea, vomiting, lack of appetite and the like. Mostly I've been fatigued and have had some heartburn and other random symptoms that I'll save for my girlfriends, sisters and mothers who would actually care about those things :)

The fatigue is getting somewhat better, though by the time the weekend rolls around I'm usually up for little more than napping and the necessary chores. Yesterday we went for a nice walk and today we met some friends for a coffee. I don't really mind being so tired, except when it interferes with things I actually need to accomplish. My favorite statistic is that my body now has 30-40% more blood pumping around to carry oxygen to the little bub so my heart and lungs and everything else are working harder to keep up. Not to mention the fact that I'm constantly hard at work creating limbs and eyelids and fingernails and heart chambers (among other things)! Good thing that's not a conscious process!

In the first trimester there were mornings where I'd get out of bed and less than an hour later I'd be feeling like a nap. One mid-week morning I woke up and Brian had brought us breakfast in bed - cereal and tea. Altogether now, awwwww....I know, he's being seriously sweet. So I ate breakfast in bed and then I fell asleep again and didn't get to work until 10:30am. They had a good laugh when I arrived at work and said I was served breakfast in bed and then was so exhausted I needed a nap :)

The 19 week belly profile:

3 comments:

  1. Squeeee!!! So exciting. So glad you are feeling good and looking FABulous, I might add. I love you both so much!!!

    Will there be a circa 20-week ultrasound? *hinthintnudgenudge* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds terrific. Looking great. Are you having a little free range roo for extra protein? As I recall, it reduced fatigue for you a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see my GP today for my referral for the 20 week ultrasound. We have decided to have one ultrasound, just to make sure everything is okay. I am eating protein, mostly organic chicken and lamb as I've not been enjoying roo lately.

    ReplyDelete