Friday, January 16, 2009

A Personality Quiz Through Music

The following exercise was sent to me by my friend Walter on Facebook. I signed up for a Facebook account while I was home for the holidays and had a bit more time than usual on my hands. I'd been boycotting the website for ages insisting that I keep a blog and if anyone wants to know what I'm up to, they should look there. For those of you who might not know, Facebook is a social networking website that allows you to connect with friends by sharing photos and keeping tabs on what everyone is up to on a regular basis. So I thought I'd sign on and see what all the fuss was about and now I'm HOOKED! I love it. I have found no less that a dozen people who at one time in my life were very close friends and for one reason or another managed to lose contact. Now I'm a convert, a true believer in the power of Facebook.

And with that note, I'll share this neat little exercise with you. If you decide to procrastinate and try out the quiz too, be sure to post the results as a comment, or on Facebook of course!

A Personality Quiz Through Music

I. Put your music on shuffle.
II. For each question, go to the next song to get your answer.
III. Write down that song title (no cheating!).
IV. Add your own comments if you want.
V. Tag 17 friends who might enjoy doing this.

1. If someone says "Is this okay?" you say:
What Have I Done to Deserve This?
Pet Shop Boys
Okay, I have to say first that I'm not actually a fan of the Pet Shop Boys; Brian snuck that one on to my iPod. Otherwise, fitting.

2.What would best describe your personality:
Big Boss Man
Performed by The Grateful Dead
"Big boss man, can't you hear me when I call? You ain't so big, you just tall, that's just about all."
Now get back to work!

3. What do you like in a girl/guy?
Slave Driver
Bob Marley
What can I say?

4.How do you feel today?
Can't Keep It In
Cat Stevens
I have a slight cold, yes, but no diarrhea thank goodness!

5. What is your life's purpose?
Leap
California Guitar Trio
Who knows what you might find?

6. What is your motto?
Take Me Home Country Road
Performed by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Once a country girl, always a country girl.

7. What do your friends think of you?
Train Wreck
Sarah McLachlan
Not very accurate. Not at this point in my life anyway.

8. What do you think of your parents?
Beloved One
Ben Harper
Ahhhhh……

9. What do you think about very often?
Butterfly
Mason Jennings
…..and rainbows and fluffy clouds and kittens and puppies and daisies…. :)

10. What is 2 + 2?
Because We Can
Fatboy Slim from Moulin Rouge
I guess 2 + 2 is whatever you want it to be.

11. What do you think of your best friend?
Summit Climb
Jeff Engholm
Sometimes hard work, but worth the effort every time.

12. What do you think of the person you like?
Scattered
Rusted Root
He's anything but.

13. What do your parents think of you?
Rainy Day Women #12 and 35
Bob Dylan
Yeah, not so much.

14. What will you dance to at your wedding?
Shadows
The Web - Forest Phunk
These guys play didgeridoos with electronic tribal rhythms - very cool. FYI, we danced to Neil Young's Harvest Moon in honor of the harvest moon overhead.

15. What will they play at your funeral?
I Call Your Name
The Beatles
...and I probably won't answer.

16. What is your hobby/interest?
Messages
Xavier Rudd
Facebook IS my new favorite thing!

17. What is your biggest secret?
Seven Years
Norah Jones
If the secrets have been in the closet for that long, why let them out now?

18. What do you think of your friends?
Charlotte Sometimes
The Cure
No friends named Charlotte, but I have always admired the clever spider.

19. What's the worst thing that could happen?
Subterranean Deep
In Lakesh
I hear drowning is terribly painful....

20. How will you die?
Pueblo Nuevo
Buena Vista Social Club
In a new town, oh no!

21. Does anyone like you?
Pale Blue Eyes
Velvet Underground
"Sometimes I feel so happy, sometimes I feel so sad, sometimes I feel so happy, but mostly you just make me mad"

22. If you could go back in time, what would you change?
The Last Time I Saw Richard
Joni Mitchell
I have no issues/dramas/quarrels with anyone named Richard - that I know of.

23. What hurts right now?
No Creo
Shakira
I don't believe in pain.

24. What rule do you always follow?
Up the Beach
Jane's Addiction
Spend at least one holiday per year lounging on a tropical beach. Doing pretty well with that one.

25. What have teachers always thought of you?
I Am Stretched on Your Grave
Sinead O'Connor
Now that's devotion to a pupil.

26. What's something you do everyday?
Dirty Little Secret
Sarah McLachlan
Wouldn't you like to know?

27. What will you post this as?
Allegro molto
Vivaldi

1 comment:

  1. if you're interested in learning more about your own personality in detail in a pretty cool, visual and interactive format, you might want to check out http://apps.facebook.com/personalitypatterns/. It's psychology-based from Big Five personality theory.

    There's a badge that you can post to your profile and some interesting social features too (e.g. compare to your FB friends.)

    ReplyDelete