Thursday, April 10, 2008

On Having a Life...

Last weekend I thoroughly cleaned my house. This may not seem blogworthy and normally I would not consider it to be so, but in this instance that simple act represented the first step toward feeling on top of things for the first time in months! Knocking on wood here, just to be safe.

So while all of Saturday was spent cleaning (it had been way too long), I felt as if I had emerged from the woods. Then on Sunday, we did something even more indicative of having a life - we spent the day on bicycling winery tour of the area with our friends Matt and Sarah! There was a wine festival on and it was great fun (we only made it to three wineries, but never mind). Had a nice picnic lunch with a bottle of sparkling Riesling and carried home nine bottles of varying varieties (well, Brian carried home nine bottles).

Let's see, what else? On Monday evenings I knit with the girls and that's always good fun. In the last year I've managed to make little Gavin a blanket, and half of the front of a sweater for myself (or jumper, as it would be called here). Jan, I'll leave you to guess what color the sweater is. Hoping to actually get to wear it this winter.

On Tuesday evenings for the last ten weeks, I've been taking an African drumming class. We had our final "performance" on Tuesday evening and Brian and some friends came along. Also good fun. I'm continuing on next semester because I love it!

Today, I'm actually at home (hence the reason you're getting a blog post on Friday morning) because I feel that I'm verging on getting sick and so I'm resting today. It's delightful. Hoping to feel well enough to leave the house later as my friend Millie and her partner Garth are having going-away drinks tonight before they embark on a journey across Australia. All the best Millie!

Oh, and still reveling in the success of Earth Hour. Will be getting all of the photos from the photographer next week and will post them online. In the meantime you can see campus media about Earth Hour and a few more photos as well.

Oh yes and another good sign that I'm getting my life back is that I'm reading. Fiction. For pleasure. I'm about to start The Time Travelers Wife. In fact, I can hear it calling me now.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds Great. I also read the Time Traveler's Wife within the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jenn! its been a month since you last posted, where has your life gone again?

    ReplyDelete