Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Big News!

Some of you will know this bit of news already but I've been offered a research position with the university for 12 months!

I finished the masters program in February (though I haven't yet technically received a mark for the thesis and will officially graduate in June) and knew that I had at least a few months of work available to me while Brian finished up his contract doing software development for the government (which ends in June). But turns out, the university has received quite a sizeable chuck of change to pursue sustainability initiatives including a multi million dollar green loan fund, funding for 20% green energy by next year (up from the current 2%) and funding for various other projects including one on learning communities and sustainability in curriculum development, which is exactly what I've been working on for the last 12 months. So I was offered a position as a postdoctoral research fellow in a brand new project called Integrating Sustainability. The irony in this of course is that I just finished my masters, not a PhD, and here I land a postdoc position. Needless to say, its a terrific opportunity that I just can't pass up.

2 comments:

  1. Terrific opportunity. It should really help obtain your dream job back here in the USA.
    Carl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, that is wonderful news!!! I am so excited for you. To get paid for doing what you love in such a beautiful place is a blessing. I am also currently working in a job that I love. I am a process technician for a pharmacutical company that is doing breakthrough research for MS. It is very rewarding and keeps me on my toes. e this reaches you in good spirits.
    Peace and Love,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete