Friday, July 21, 2006

Rotary

First, I want to say thanks for all of your kind words and thoughts after the bike incident. Bruises are healing and I'm feeling better though the wrists and knees are not yet one hundred percent. Back in school now after the holiday (and back on the bike) so I'm just trying to take it easy and keep the typing to a minimum. Not easy considering I'm to start writing a 15,000 word essay now!

Had a lovely evening earlier this week at the Rotary club of Ginninderra where I spoke about myself and my studies. Played a bit of Rotary trivia to see how much they knew about Cleveland and Arch Klumph and the Rotary Foundation...quite a bit actually. And I gave away Cleveland Rotary pins as prizes. When asked what they knew about Cleveland, answers included the Indians, home of a Ford motors plant, home of a president of Rotary International, it's on a big lake, and that Medina is 45 minutes southwest of Cleveland.


Jenn and President Sandra exchanging club banners

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like great fun. No burning rivers?
    In USA, someone made a commercial for a bottled water and said "It's not from Cleveland"
    The Cleveland Water people were NOT HAPPY. They have slowly been gaining a national reputation for the clean water here. They analyzied the bottled water and it had excessive amounts of Arsnic, along with high levels of other trace objectional chemicals - much worse that the Cleveland water.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete