Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Beginnings

It's getting closer! Considering that I applied for this scholarship in April of 2004 and interviewed for and found out that I received the scholarship in July of 2004, I'm feeling ready to get on with this adventure.
Don't get me wrong...the past year has been great for me. I've been working for one of the best urban park systems in the country, The Cleveland Metroparks, as a seasonal naturalist. That means I spend my days doing programs about nature and environmental issues with mostly little kids and sometimes with adults. I love it! I'll be sad when the time comes to leave the job.
Planning and logistics are now finally underway for this trip to Australia. I've been accepted to the university and am starting to work on visas, flights and housing arrangements. Very exciting!
I plan on using this forum to keep all of you up to date on my experiences in Australia, both with the university and with the Rotary Organization. Thanks for reading and please check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment